Saturday, October 2, 2010

Seeing instead of Looking...

Fall is my favorite time of year! (I know I know I have said that a million times)...

It just makes me think and feel differently than I do all year...

As I was driving to Bloomington the other day I was enjoying the beautiful drive.  It is not what it usually is because of no rain but, none the less it was beautiful!  I was thinking about something I read in a book once.  We are all too busy looking but never really see anything.  As I have started into photography  I have started seeing instead of looking.  There is beauty in EVERYTHING!  I love watching people interact, a mother and father with their child/children, a husband and wife, fiances, boyfriend and girlfriend, grandmothers and granfathers, aunts and uncles, friends.  I am a terrible people watcher,  I used to watch people and say things that were wrong with them.  I am now trying to look at people in a different way. Everyone always has a story.  There is usually a reason people are projecting the emotion they are having.  "  Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle" rings true to me now more than ever.

Have a great weekend and don't forget to Slow Down, Start Seeing things, not just Look, because you may find beauty in something you never imagined.

No comments: