Saturday, March 21, 2009

CrazyLove...

Recently I have been thinking about life. It saddens me to think about Andrea's death and the saddness of her friends and family and anyone who knew her. I actually own a car that used the belong to her and everytime I get in it I think of her. She was a great person and touched so many lives. But I do think that she is at peace and what a better place to be than in heaven. One of my best friends Brooke is her cousin and my heart aches so much for her.

With much sadness that has been going on and just the state of our economy and world right now I think alot more about life. The other night I was telling Mike that I have this urgency to be a better person and to be more thankful for this wonderful gift, life. As we were walking through the walmart book aisle I of course went to the bibles and inspiration because I love reading them. I saw a red book that caught my eye, CrazyLove, I flipped it over and the back basically said " Does something deep inside your heart long to break free from the status quo? Are you hungry for an authentic faith that addresses the problems of our world with tangible, even radical, solutions? " What?? I look around and look up and think man you are so amazing! This book is so amazing but challenging and so worth it. I totally recommend it to everyone!!

Last week was Cooper's bday and it went great! He is so good and cute! I have tons of pictures and will get them loaded.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I am sad that I am working but glad that I can help people.

2 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Glad you stopped by the blog. I never know who is reading it. Basically I like to talk and its a way for me to get my thoughts, vents, praises down. :) Your profile pic is amazing!

Jessie said...

Erica, I'm still loving the fact that we can keep in touch this way! I totally know what you mean by looking at life more seriously...I've been telling some of my friends the same thing...we take so much for granted when we should be cherishing every moment and enjoying the life that we have now.....great blog:)