Monday, February 13, 2012

Immune system

I tell ya what, I hate being sick! I feel as though my immune system is not as good as it used to be when I was healthier. I have been doing some research about getting healthier especially since we are really trying again to have children.

Here's how my thinking goes, please tell me you guys have this same struggle.........

~I love fruits and veggies, but they are so expensive and go bad fast.

~I want to start a garden and be more "organic" but I have a black thumb.

~I watch documentaries on eating healthy then when I go to the store they either don't have what the documentary said or it is 2 million dollars!

~I need to spend more in healthy stuff because in the long run it will save us money and our lives.

~I just flat out don't wanna cook sometimes and fast food is soooo easy.

~I only go to the store once a month and spend a very small amount on groceries.

~My taste pallete is stuck on pop, candy, and salty stuff.

~I wanna eat and cook healthy then I watch my fave the Pioneer Woman and I then want to make what she makes.

Uggghh I could go on and on but have decided I am just going to try and develop a plan that fits good for us and incorporate all kinds of different recipes that are healthy and just darn good. So some days we will be on a plant based diet and the next we will be pioneer woman cooking. One of these days the Snell's will be healthy!

For today it's an Erica Concoction of a plant based diet.

I will update you with the recipe and results :)

1 comment:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

There were a lot of " buts" in this pst! U can do it! Once u get used to cooking u will love it and feel better! Plus u think food is expensive but u can make a burger at home better for u and fries in oven for half the cost if u pay attn